Monday, February 25, 2013

GOOD "LUCK" END TABLE SIGN

St. Patrick's Day is quickly approaching and I am trying to not get lost in the craziness of day-to-day life once again and end up with no decorations up until the week of the 17th. That's why I have made a vow to set aside some time each day to get my decorating done. And what better way to start than with this cute little sign that I hope brings some good "luck" and fun to our house. 



What You Need:

*Wooden plaque (I got mine from Michael's that was already painted)
*St. Patrick's Day themed scrapbook paper
*Mod Podge
*Sponge Brush
*Hot glue
*Letters (I cut mine out of thin craft foam with my Cricut, but you could use pre-cut letters out of paper, wood, foam, etc.)
*Shamrock decorative accents

 
What You Do:
 
I started by tracing the shape of the wooden plaque onto the back of the scrapbook paper.  I was only applying scrapbook paper to the center section of the plaque so that's where I traced.  Once I had the scrapbook paper cut out, I made sure it was a perfect fit for the plaque before moving on.  I applied a thin layer of Mod Podge to the plaque surface and attached the scrapbook paper. Making sure to smooth out any ripples in the paper.  To make sure the paper stays attached to the plaque, I ran the brush along all side edges of the paper.  *Do not dip the brush in the Mod Podge before doing this. You just want to run the brush along the sides of the paper, the Mod Podge that is remaining on the brush after applying it to the plaque should be enough to do this. 
 
 
Next, using my Cricut machine, I cut out the letters to spell "LUCK" from a black sheet of thin craft foam.  I wanted to use craft foam because it gave the sign some depth.  I carefully arranged the letters on the plaque and then glued them down with hot glue.  And as a finishing touch, I added a glitter shamrock decorative accent to the sign.  How simple and cute is that.  Now we just have to wait for a Lil' Wee Irishman to appear with his pot of gold! 


No comments:

Post a Comment